Our aim is to support the efforts of parents by providing a school community of faith in which children can know and experience God's love and grow in their relationships within themselves, others and God.
The St. Patrick's Parish School Religious Education Curriculum is based on "Sharing Our Story" program which was written originally by the Diocese of Parramatta and has been adopted by the Catholic Schools Office - Diocese of Wagga Wagga.
Sharing Our Story is organised in eight strands:
- Christian Life
- Religion and Society
The aim of English is to enable students to understand and use language effectively, appreciate, reflect on and enjoy the English language and to make meaning in ways that are imaginative, creative, interpretive, critical and powerful.
English K-10 Syllabus (Volume 1 K-6), NSW BOS, 2012
The three broad strands of English K-6 are…
- Speaking and Listening
- Reading and Viewing
- Writing and Representing
The aim of Mathematics is for students to:
- be confident, creative users and communicators of mathematics, able to investigate, represent and interpret situations in their personal and work lives and as active citizens
- develop an increasingly sophisticated understanding of mathematical concepts and fluency with mathematical processes, and be able to pose and solve problems and reason in Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, and Statistics and Probability
- recognise connections between the areas of mathematics and other disciplines and appreciate mathematics as an accessible, enjoyable discipline to study, and an important aspect of lifelong learning.
Mathematics K-10 Syllabus (Volume 1 K-6), NSW BOS, 2012
The three broad strands of Mathematics K-6 are…
- Number and Algebra
- Measurement and Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
Science and Technology
The aim of Science and Technology is to:
- foster students' sense of wonder and expand their natural curiosity about the world around them in order to develop their understanding of, interest in, and enthusiasm for science and technology
- develop students' competence and creativity in applying the processes of Working Scientifically and Working Technologically to appreciate and understand the Natural Environment and Made Environment
- enhance students' confidence in making evidence-based decisions about the influences of science and technology in their lives
- enable students to confidently respond to needs and opportunities when designing solutions relevant to science and technology in their lives.
ScienceK-10 Syllabus (Volume 1 K-6), NSW BOS, 2012
The two skill strands in S&T K-6 are…
- Working Scientifically
- Working Technologically
The two knowledge and understanding strands in S&S T K -6 are…
- Natural Environment
- Made Environment
Human Society & Its Environment
The aim of Human Society and Its Environment is to develop in students the values and attitudes, skills, and knowledge and understandings that:
- enhance their sense of personal, community, national and global identity
- enable them to participate effectively in maintaining and improving the quality of their society and environment
HSIE K-6 Syllabus, NSW BOS, 1998
The aim of the History syllabus is to stimulate students' interest in and enjoyment of exploring the past, to develop a critical understanding of the past and its impact on the present, to develop the critical skills of historical inquiry and to enable students to participate as active, informed and responsible citizens.
History K-10 Syllabus (Volume 1 K-6), NSW BOS, 2012
The four broad strands of HSIE K-6 are…
- Social Systems and Cultures
Creative Arts is designed to enable students to gain increasing understanding and accomplishment in the visual arts, music, drama and dance and for students to appreciate the meanings and values that each of the artforms offer personally, culturally and as forms of communication.
Creative Arts K-6 Syllabus, NSW BOS, 2000
The four strands of Creative Arts K-6 are…
- Visual Arts
Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
This Key Learning Area aims to develop in each student the knowledge and understanding, skills and values and attitudes needed to lead healthy, active and fulfilling lives. In doing so, the syllabus will form the basis for students to adopt a responsible and productive role in society.
Personal Development, Health and Physical Education K-6 Syllabus, NSW BOS, 1999
The eight strands of PDHPE K-6 are…
- Active Lifestyle
- Games and Sport
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Personal Health Choices
- Safe Living