Principal’s Message

Dear Parents,

We had a great celebration for Year 6 students on Monday, starting with the Assembly and then finishing with Mass in the evening. Thank you to Jane Fawcett for organising these 2 events. Congratulations to those students who received awards on the day. These student awards are listed below.

Citizenship:  Fred Elhage

Academic: Connor O’Sullivan

Sportsperson:  Zoe Prentice  & Rory Parnell

Endeavour: Eliza McIntosh

Founders:  Thomas Knudson

Class Awards:

6G     Mathematics – Maddeline Anderson,  English – Zoe Prentice, Human Society & Its Environment – Thomas Taylor,  Religious Education – Albert Thomas,  Creative Arts – Celina Pontt, Personal Development, Health & Physical Education – Connor O’Sullivan.

6H      Mathematics – Jack Coysh, English – Cody Wild, Creative Arts – Bella Videroni,  Science & Technology – Jack Holdforth, Religious Education – Una Guedes, Personal Development, Health & Education – Rory Parnell

6S      Mathematics – Dominic Gibbons & Zach Stewart,  Religious Education – Olivia Goddard,  Human Society & Its Environment – Thomas Knudson, Personal Development, Health & Physical Education – Lily Kelly

School for 2017 will finish on Friday at 3.10pm. We will begin our day with Mass at 9.30am in St. Patrick’s Church. Students are able to go home with a parent after Mass. If you wish your child to go home with another child, you will need to advise the class teachers in writing.

Term 1 for 2018 will begin for students in Grades 1 – 6 on Tuesday 30th January.

This afternoon, students spent time with their teacher for 2018. Staff have put many hours into organising classes for next year. I thank them for their considerations with this. It is certainly not an easy task.

I wish Roy Thompson, Jenny Kirby, Bronwyn Craig and Mick Cambey all the very best for their retirement. I thank them for their amazing dedication over the years. There have been many students who have benefitted from their input. Enjoy the next stage of your lives.

This will be my last newsletter for a while. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all parents and families for their support and friendship during my time at St Patrick’s. It has been an amazing experience.

I’d also like to thank the staff for their dedication to providing the very best education for the students in their care. Our students have indeed been very fortunate.

Thank you to Father Joel and Father Stephen for your support, guidance and input into the school

Lastly, I would like to thank all students. You are the reason that we are at school. I thank you for being who you are.

Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas and wonderful 2018.

God bless and all the best.

Marie