Principal’s Message

Dear Parents and Friends

As this will be the final newsletter for the year I would like to take the opportunity to wish everyone a Happy and Holy Christmas and wonderful 2019.

The Year 6 Production is in full swing. I have had a chance to see the performance and it is very entertaining and I encourage everyone to get along to the show. Click here for the times.  There are 2 x night performances at 7pm tonight & Thursday.

This week it was pleasure to announce the Year 5 children who have been elected to the Student Council for 2019. They were elected by their peers and teachers and  I told them in my experience, this is not a popularity contest but an election where people looked deeply into what people believe in and stand for.

As a result of the ballot we have the following leaders for 2019:

School Captains: Jacinta Churcher and Hugo Morison

Vice Captains: Poppy Millgate-Kimball and Ned Welch

Student Council: Eloise Allwood, Mietta Batrouney, Thomas Goonan, Mary Quinn, James Thomas &  Sadie Wiseman.

Congratulations to these students, but also to those students who had the courage to put themselves forward.

As I reflect back on my first year at St Patrick’s as Principal I am very proud of what we have been able to achieve as a community together.

Working with Father Joel has been one of the great highlights and I thank him for the leadership, companionship and friendship he has provided to me. Our School/Parish Mass each term on Saturday Night have been special as we celebrate with our families.

Working with Leah and the School Council. Some of the larger items that we have used for or have committed funds to are for the development of an adventure/sensory play area in the SE corner of the school, provision of a double sided electronic sign next to the pick up area in Kiewa Street, providing the funding for the Resilience Project for the whole school, in 2019 professional development for the staff on developing Growth Mind in students. Also the purchase of furniture for the new Learning Spaces.

We have made significant progress with the support of the staff to move to a collaborative model of shared teaching, for the most part open plan learning centers. It has been amazing to see the growth in student learning that has happened across the school.

From the bottom of my heart, thanks to each and everyone of you for the great support that you have provided to me, to assist in making St Pat’s – “Albury’s school of choice.”

Just a reminder for Years 1 – 6 2019 that we will be conducting MIA assessments on Wednesday 30th January. If you haven’t done so please go online and make a booking in SOBS. If you have students going into Years 5 & 2 and your preferred time is not available please contact the school office and we can organise a time. 

Upgrade to the carpark. Over the coming break we have organised a contract to do some repairs in the Staff Car park. If the gates are locked please don’t come in. Please use Kiewa Street car park.  

Staff Changes

Since our last newsletter we have had a number of staff changes from what was previously advertised:

Cindy Whitfield is moving to St Anne’s for 12 months and Laura House will replace her in Year 1.

Tricia Harrison is moving into a support role initially in Year 2 and will be replaced on Monday and Tuesday in Year 1 by Gennifer Hamam.

Tony Hill has resigned and will be replaced in Year 6 by Ryan Kittelty.

I would like to wish our Year 6 students all the best for the next phase of their school lives and everyone is invited to the Award Assembly next Monday 17th December at 9.30am in the Mercy Hall and also the Graduation Mass on Monday evening at 6pm in St. Patrick’s Church. These are very special occasions for our Year 6 students and we ask them to be in formal summer uniform for both occasions.

We look forward to seeing all our 2019 Years 1 – 6 students on Thursday 31st January  and our new Kinders on Thursday 7th February.

Best wishes for the Christmas season and Happy 2019.

Rob